Biohack your anxiety with cannabinoids
Biohacking involves experimenting with specific lifestyle variables in order to ‘hack’ your biology and improve your health. Biohacking can help you feel your absolute best — and also affect the level of anxiety you experience
While research on how cannabinoids like CBD manage anxiety is new, studies show that amongst cannabinoid users, CBD can decrease stress levels and increase a general sense of calm and mood stability.
Researchers have also found preclinical and clinical evidence that cannabinoids can positively help with various kinds of anxiety, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic disorder (PD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
If your anxiety is debilitating, booking an appointment with a mental health professional is recommended. However, for milder forms of anxiety, ingestible cannabinoids can offer a non-intrusive form of daily relief.
Note: cannabinoids are not psychoactive and will not induce a high.
- Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
- Cannabinoid-related agents in the treatment of anxiety disorders: current knowledge and future perspectives
- Anxiolytic Effects of Repeated Cannabidiol Treatment in Teenagers With Social Anxiety Disorders
- Cannabinoids and their therapeutic applications in mental disorders