CBG will not get you high
Let’s be clear — not all cannabinoids induce a high.
However, unlike THC which activates receptors in your brain and causes the euphoria associated with being high, other cannabinoids like CBG and CBD are not intoxicating.
In fact, each cannabinoid shows a unique kind of activity at CB1 and CB2 receptors. THC activates CB1 receptors, which triggers the sensation of being ‘high’. But because CBD and CBG don’t directly interact with those same CB1 receptors — they don’t induce a ‘high’ whatsoever. Even if you consume large quantities of CBG or CBD, you still won’t get high.
Additionally, because Cellular Goods formulates our products only with cannabinoids produced in a lab using a controllable and reproducible technology rather than extracting them from plant matter, there is no need to worry about varying levels of THC. Furthermore, there is absolutely no chance of accidental contamination of THC or any other compounds that cause highs.
And although cannabinoids cannot induce a high, research suggests that they can:
- Ease pain
- Regulate your mood and alleviate feelings of stress and anxiety
- Sharpen your focus
- Reduce inflammation in the body
- Improve your natural sleep cycle
- Soothe sensitive skin
- Fight and protect against harmful bacteria both internally (via ingestibles) and externally (via skincare)
- Protect against the damage caused by free radicals
For even more information, visit our FAQ page.